At the George Landis Arboretum
The George Landis Arboretum is one of the most beautiful arboretums in the world! It is comprised of over 500 acres of rolling meadows, and packed with some of the rarest species on the planet. And the best part: It’s half an hour from Albany, NY.
Every Spring the Arboretum has an annual Spring plant sale to raise funds, and this year the plant sale is this weekend, May 18-20. The arboretum is a not-for-profit and relies on big-hearted folks like you to help out! We love members (starting at 35 bucks), AND, if you become a member, you get a discount on all your plant needs! Don’t forget, we also have a Fall Plant Sale.
So how does a teeny-tiny staff and a whole bunch of volunteers prepare for one of the biggest plant sales in New York?? Here’s the secret formula!
1. Find an Arboretum You Really, Really Love
2. Get Fred It’s Fearless Leader to Start Preparing
3.Make Sure Those Lawns are Mowed!
4. Get Volunteers–LOTS of THEM– to Set Up Tables (and tents)
5. Elect a Mayor to Oversee the Project
6. Order HUNDREDS of plants, by the truck load
7. Expect those SAME Volunteers to Lift, Lift, Lift…..
8. Until the Trucks are Empty…..
9. And you hope, just hope, the crowds arrive…..So our children can enjoy our trails, snowshoe adventures, star parties and more tomorrow!
Hope to see you this weekend!